Thursday, March 22, 2007

We all have routines, right?

Last night Paul and I had a laugh at my little "habits."

I have a lot of routines, such as swishing the sink out with the sprayer every time I wash anything or always cleaning out the espresso handle after each use. I think most of us have habits like that. Most of them have to do with order and cleanliness I think.

But my night time habits are kind of funny.

Back when I was a little kid my mother repeated this phrase to us when she sent us upstairs to get ready for bed..."wash your face, brush your teeth, go to the toilet, and get in bed."

So here I am, fifty years later unable to skip even one item on that list. I promise you I have to get up and use the toilet even if I don't have to go in order to settle in and go to sleep. And even if I had taken a shower an hour before, I still have to wash my face. It's amazing to me how ingrained those habits are.

Then, last night I realized I can't go to sleep unless the covers are just right! What is just right? Well, the sheet needs to be pulled up and folded over the comforter. Doesn't everyone do that?

So, now you know. I think I had better go wash my hands. Again. And again. (just kidding)

No comments: