Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Future Is Now

And the future is ALL our music on the Creative Zen 60 GB mp3 player! I have spent every waking moment ripping the music from all of our cds.

Our move to Mexico is one of the things that precipitated this project...as we don't want to haul around boxes of cds. Our plan is to take our little stereo that is currently in the kitchen, which has a line to hook up the Zen. We are so very modern, aren't we?

When Jessica was here I had fun playing with her iPod, but both Paul and I have trouble with the whole iPod frenzy here and this is actually a really great value and gets terrific reviews. Plus it has an FM radio tuner, a voice recorder, and it will do bookmarks - which are essential for marking your place in long books, etc.

I will load on all my Spanish lessons, and have already joined a download club so that I can download movies, tv, and more music.

When I'm all done I think I'm going to donate all the old cds to the Pierce County Library.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still trying to figure out how to download podcasts -- there are some radio shows I would like to have stored up for when I walk the dogs.

I told Bub he was in your dream and he seemed interested to hear it.

Nancy said...

Yes, I have always been a kind of techy nerd!

If you find the podcast you want, right click on the symbol and then click on "save link as" and put it on your hard drive.

Ha! Easy!